Ads

Monday, August 18, 2008

Ali Zafar's latest Blog Entry on Ramchand Pakistani & Concerts - Aug 14

Hey guys . Sorry for not being able to write since a while . Been busy with work . On a shoot right now in islamabad . Last two days were extremely hot and hectic . My routine before the shoot had me going to bed at 7 am and i had to completely reverse it for the shoot which meant being on the set at 7 am to work till dark ! Horrible for the body . Alot of shows happening this month including a big one on the 16th in lahore . Then off to norway to perform for the oslo festival on the 24 th where artists from around the globe are meant to gather . Will update on other shows during the month soon .

Happy independance day to all of you .

I was wanting to see Ramchand Pakistani since it was released . Lucky for me, the day i came back home from an outstation show, my family was on its way to watch it and i was asked to join in, which i was more than happy to do, since they coincidently had an extra ticket in hand. As i sat with a big pop corn bucket in my hand, I damned myself for missing out the part in the beginning where he crosses the border, but rejoiced every bit of it that came later .

I had happened to have met Mehreen ( the director ) once at a small house party and remembered having quite an interesting conversation with her . Hence was expecting something un-average to come from her anyway , but not this un-average !

My belief is that Art lies in making the normal ( otherwise boring/uninteresting ) look/sound fascinating . Thats exaclty what this movie was for me .

For some it may not provide the excitement they would expect out of a commercial song and dance or an action movie but i believe those with the required sensibility and sensitivity shall go through an experience they would like to go through .

Keeping in mind my track record of walking out of most of the films half way which are being recently shown , this was one i sat for even when the curtains closed . Must watch !

link: Ali Zafar’s Official Blog

No comments: