Ads

Friday, August 8, 2008

"I was offered a film with Big B" Ali Zafar talks to Masala! about music and film offers from Bollywood

He is young, immensely talented, famous and has a loyal fan following. He has been offered roles in both Pakistani and Indian movies but at the moment Ali Zafar says, music is his calling.

Why do you think your debut album Huqa Pani was such a major hit?
Because I was honest to myself.

You are a musician, painter, singer and model. How do you juggle it all?
I mainly concentrate on singing. I paint only for myself now. I'm not a pro model, I just endorse products for being who I am. And I haven't taken up any acting project for a long time because of time constraints. Plus nothing came up which could interest me to that extent.

You've received dozens of offers from Bollywood both as an actor and as a singer. Are you considering any?
Believe it or not I'm more of an artist than a star. I would rather do what I'm passionate about. I was offered a movie by Mahesh Bhatt, then I was to be cast alongside Amitabh Bachchan and another one supposedly had Anupam Kher in the role of my father and some solo launch projects too with fresh cast. But I still haven't come across a project which compels me to feel strongly about it.

How did you feel when Himesh copied your song Rangeen and included it in the film Aashiq Banaye Aapne?
Well, copying can never be justified. I just wish he had asked me once, I would have given it to him anyway, just for one of his caps.

Your latest album Masty was yet again a smasher after Channo. What do we expect from Ali Zafar next?
I have set up my own studio at home. Very soon you'll get to hear lots of supersonic stuff in my next album.

Eastern Eye, a leading British-Asian paper, has rated you as one of the 10 Sexiest Men in Asia. How does it feel?
Feels very sexy.

Source : Masala News

No comments: